Acrylic Art Class level one Thurs Nov 18 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
|Availability:||In stock (6)|
|Available in store:||Check availability|
Please Register 5 days prior to the class
Acrylic Art Class
Beginners Level 1
Thurs Nov 18 to Thurs Dec 8
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm (4 classes)
Supplies included for the first class. Students bring their
own supplies, i.e. paints and brushes for second class
onward. I will specify materials to bring – it won't be expensive.
Ages: 17 & up
Instructor: Jim G
This is a beginners class. Step by step instructions provided.
You will paint along with me and learn to paint a landscape
with mountains, skies and clouds, trees, water, reflections and grass.
The purpose of this class is to assist students in developing basic skills and techniques for acrylic painting, by providing in-depth, practical, step-by-step, personalized instruction in painting with acrylics.
Supplies: Bring your own supplies - 12" x 16" or 16" x 20" canvas or mixed media paper, pencils, erasers, paint, brushes and acrylic paints. (no craft paint, please) The easels, palettes, water containers are provided by the Arts Centre.
Over a four-week period, students will become well acquainted with the essential techniques of acrylic painting. There will be a sample of the painting, created by the art teacher that will be on display during each class for reference to inspire creative ideas. Students may reproduce the painting or choose elements from the painting to create their own artwork over the four-week period.
Time breakdown for first class
1. Set up work spaces. (6:00 - 6:10 p.m.)
2. Provide background information about acrylics, emphasizing various brands of paints and their characteristics. (6:15 - 6:20 p.m.)
4. Familiarize students with various colour-mixing techniques, types of paintbrushes (6:20 - 6:30 p.m.)
5. Demonstrate how to create the background, with class participation (6:30 – 7:00p.m.)
6. Break (7:00-7:10 p.m.)
7. Demonstrate techniques for creating a foreground, with class participation (7:10 - 7:40 p.m.)
9. Assist students with clean up of their work spaces. (7:50 - 8:00 p.m.)
10. Dismiss class. (8:00 p.m.)
Min 4 participants, max 12.
Register at least 5 days prior to class.
For the Love of Art 725 Notre Dame Drive, Unit #7